Twitter has become one of the biggest and greatest sources of traffic and big audiences. You can reach out to many people in just a few seconds with an established or new twitter account. This can make a great impact on your business if you use it wisely.
So I have come up with 5 tips to you so you don’t waste a lot of time and effort into something that could stop twitter working for you.
1. You got to reach out to people and show them that you are present and reachable. You should ask people in your field questions and answer the questions of others that you find. If you don’t have anything to add to the conversation just drop it, people know if you are a spammer. So you should use the @ sign and the nickname of the person you are answering questions for or are asking. Then they will get a notification that you have contacted them, and other people see you interact.
2. Send out only tweets with affiliate links! NO….no…no… Do not send messages that only contains promotional messages. People will mark you as a spammer and they will know it if the only thing you send out comes with affiliate links or covered up links or only your own product s. There are many people that have a ratio they follow which is for every 100 messages they send only one of them contains an offer. That way people find you valuable to follow and wont unfollow you just for a couple of links now and then.
3. Define a purpose for you being present at twitter. What’s your purpose for using twitter? If you have different purposes I suggest you get different twitter accounts so you can use them as you please. Because your potential buyers would not want to know what you did this morning, and your aunt won’t buy a traffic video program from you. So define what you want from twitter. Is it personal, for traffic to your site, local customers or just participate in conversations with likeminded people.
4. Get followers to your account. The easiest way to do this is to start following other people that you have an interest in following. Go to search.twitter.com and type in some keywords for your interests and the check out the people showing up in the search results. Hit the Follow button to them and then you get their messages in your twitter account feed. Most of the times people will follow you back since you got the same interest, and thank them in a message, and maybe it will lead to a conversation and friendship.
5. This should have been number one on the list. But people skip long articles and read the first and sometimes last of a post. You should start tweeting right away after you setup your account, tweaking the design and your profile can be done later. Because if you start tweeting right away, other people will spot you in the searches and conversations you have with others. In the beginning you should give much of yourself in free advice, backing people up and give out links to related articles you know about, then it’s a good start.
I hope you enjoyed this short quick tip for newbie’s to twitter post, and if you got any questions or would add some tips, let us continue the discussion in the comments below! See you around!